So this weekend a few friends decided to visit my town. They told me they will come over for coffee at my place, just about an hour before they arrived. It was a long time that I haven't seen them, so I wanted to make something special, but I also had to do it fast. I had previously bought some juicy peaches, so I decided to make a nice pastry, that goes well with coffee. This free form galette looks so impressive, everyone will think you spent hours making it. ;)
- 1 pack of puff pastry (around 500g/1lbs)
- 4 large peaches
- 1 cup of pitted cherries
- 3 tbsp of cornstarch
- 3-4 tbsp of brown sugar
- juice from half a lemon
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp of milk
- Cut the peaches in half, then cut them into slices or wedges (about 1/4 inch thick), put them in a bowl, and add the cherries.
- Add the cornstarch, sugar, and lemon juice. Mix them well. (Mix carefully, we don't want to break the peaches in small pieces).
- Take the thawed puff pastry and form a circle with a rolling pin. (It doesn't have to be a perfect circle).
- Put the fruit in the middle of the dough circle, leaving a 2-inch border. Fold the pastry over the fruit, gently pressing it.
- Whisk the egg and the milk and brush the pastry with the mixture. Sprinkle with some brown sugar on top.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for around 20-25 min on 420F. (Or according to the instructions on the puff pastry). Serve it with some powdered sugar, or add some vanilla ice-cream for some extra flavor.
ENJOY YOUR COFFEE!