This was one of the days when I was craving something sweet that goes well with a warm cup of coffee. Looking at the overripe bananas gave me an idea. So, I decided to make a batch of fresh cookies. Not only did I prepare the perfect cookies, but they are also healthy and ready in just 20 minutes. So here is the recipe for my 20-minute banana & oats cookies.
- 2 medium bananas
- 1 1/3 cup rolled oats
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- Vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- Chocolate chips (or raisins)
- Mash the bananas in a large bowl (with a fork).
- Add the rest of the ingredients, and mix well until combined.
- Using an ice cream scoop (or a spoon), put the mixture in a circle cookie cutter, and press it with your fingers until it forms a perfect circle (about 1/2 an inch thick).
- Repeat step number 3 until you form all the cookies.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes on 350F. And there you have it, the perfect cookies ready for only 20 minutes.
* You should form about 12 cookies from this mixture.
* You can always double the ingredients for double enjoyment
HAVE A PLEASANT, SWEET MORNING!